Marriage Ministry

Marriage Preparation
For setting the date and time for a wedding and for the Introduction to the Sacrament of Marriage preparation process, please call the parish office (701.252.0119).

Sponsor Couples
Sponsor Couples help prepare couples for marriage by discussing the FOCCUS Inventory results with the couples in 3-4 sessions.
Couples who serve as sponsors to those preparing for marriage include: Pat and Marla Walter, Les and Gina Horgan, Leroy and Brandi Gross, Tom and Mary Geffre, Jason and Lynn Fossen.
Natural Family Planning
Leann Ripplinger, CFCP, Creighton FertilityCare System featuring NaProTechnology
701.952.1750 - fcs.heartland@hotmail.com
This model is a wonderful, effective and chemical free method for building and strengthening marriages and families. It features NaProTechnology, a scientifically-based and morally sound medical approach to women’s reproductive health and fertility enhancement. Engaged couples are encouraged to begin this training at least 3-6 months prior to their wedding.
$220 for introductory session (includes first year materials) and five follow-up sessions.
Five sessions are needed to complete diocesan requirements.

Click here to view the diocesan brochure which includes additional recommended instructors for Natural Family Planning. All instructors are certified in one of the following methods: Billings, Creighton FertilityCare, Marquette, or Sympto-Thermal.

For more information check out the following websites:

Annulments – Dispensations – Convalidations


An annulment is a declaration by a Church tribunal (a Catholic church court) that a marriage thought to be valid according to Church law actually fell short of at least one of the essential elements required for a binding union. For more detailed information and frequently asked questions, click here.

The annulment process is frequently misunderstood. Please contact the parish office or parish priest to get your questions answered and/or to start the annulment process.


If you are Catholic and wish to marry a non-Catholic, you must seek permission from the local bishop. Please contact the parish office or parish priest for more information.   


If you were married outside of the Catholic Church (a Catholic priest or deacon did not perform the ceremony) and you would like to have your marriage officially recognized, or convalidated, by the Church, please contact the parish office or parish priest.